Hello hello, people on wordpress––
I’ve been working on multiple posts at once and they are all still half-baked (blog-wise). But I hope to get them “off the press” soon, so watch out for them please!
RuPaul and the Male Gayz
- What is drag?
- Drag hierarchy
- Blurring of gendered and racial identities (White female, gay male, African-American voices)
When Best of Asia meets America
- This was initially a blogpost that grew into my second response paper. I looked at BoA, a successful and powerful K-Pop singer/dancer, and her attempt at entering the “Dreamworld”––the US mainstream media culture.
- Price of Entry; Male gaze; who’s telling the story?
Also also, I am considering a video narrative project for my Gender & Media final project to talk more about K-pop and its evolution into (or adoption of) Dreamworld.
- Transformation of Korean girl-group, Wonder Girls
- from Hyuna (of Wonder Girls) to HyunA (solo debut)
- Innocent image of the past vs. Exotic sexuality of the present (ft. Akon)